Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

An Adventure with Target


            Target's latest holiday advertisements have been coined with the tagline, Dream Big Save Bigger.  To be honest, I really didn't think a whole lot about their latest tagline.  Sure, it was creative, but nothing to write home about.


            Last week, I had the opportunity to present my group's creative brief on Cuties to Pamplin's Marketing Advisory Board.  It was such an awesome opportunity.  I talked to every member of the board that was in attendance, as well as a few faculty members.  One of the members that stood out to me the most was Mr. Scott Tidey, who is the Senior VP of North American Sales and Marketing for Hamilton Beach Brands.  One of the comments he made on my group's brief was that our SMP did not have an end result to it.  Hamilton Beach works closely with WalMart, and Mr. Tidey told us that he really appreciated that WalMart's tagline, Save Money Live Better had always been one of his favorites because it told you the end result of shopping at WalMart:  Live Better.  I had never looked at it that way, but now that I have heard that, it really stuck with me.

            Back to Target...  Now aware of Mr. Tidey's insights, I have begun to watch advertisements a bit closer to see if their tagline shows that end result.  I think Target is pretty successful in showing their target audience (consumers looking for holiday savings, particularly parents), just what the end result is of shopping at Target for the holiday season.  Target is telling their consumers to look at their shopping list, and have those big dreams, and prepare to save bigger.  Personally, I think Target has done a good job in their holiday advertisements, and I look forward to any more that they release.

No comments:

Post a Comment